#MidWeekTease where Guido wonders what the...?


Hi again. It's #MidWeekTease time


This week, I'm taking you all to my favourite city in the world. Hong Kong.

Where Rachel has gone with Guido and Guido is not a happy bloke.



Guido shook her awake.
‘I have coffee. You have a red cheek where your kindle has rested whilst you slept. It makes you look cute.’
‘Cute? Like a kitten or something? Yuk.’ She moved her kindle to one side. Guido took it from her and placed it on the bedside table. ‘Not the best way to sleep.’
 ‘True enough.’ Rachel struggled up onto her elbows and wriggled back to rest her head on the headboard. ‘I must have dropped off. The last thing I remember is reading the prologue.’
 ‘So exciting it sent you to sleep?’
 She laughed and wished she didn’t have bed hair or sleep breath. ‘That’s probably the jet lag.’
 Then I wish I could let you sleep longer but you would not sleep tonight if I did. And you have an appointment with Miss Tu in an hour.’
He sat on the edge of the bed and kissed her cheek. ‘You do appear rested.’
Rachel thought about it. ‘I am, and now if you let me get up, I’ll get ready to go house hunting.’
Guido gestured towards the ensuite door. ‘Don’t let me stop you. Be my guest.’
Rachel narrowed her eyes at the imprecation she might not want to get out of bed with him around, and froze. She couldn’t get out. She was naked from the waist down.
He might have seen all of her naked in the past, but that was then, this was now. They were in her eyes still not a ‘proper’ couple again yet, and he knew nothing about her leg...
What a dilemma.
‘Out of interest, when did you start keeping an eye on me?’ she asked in what she hoped was a casual, it doesn’t really matter, I just wondered voice.
‘Why?’
‘Nosy.’
He raised one eyebrow. ‘When I found out you were The Rachel Griffiths applying for that job. Until then I did not know if you were alive or dead.’
A long while after the accident. That was a relief.
His words permeated her brain. ‘Hold on a minute. You so did know. I sent regular messages until you told me enough was enough.’ And that email had been like a knife through her heart and confirmed what she had thought. He really didn’t want her any more.
His eyes narrowed. ‘I did no such thing.’
‘Well someone did. I still have the email somewhere.’ Rachel was adamant. ‘I was so, well, so annoyed with you, I was well, up you Guido, and take a hike. But if you didn’t see them, what went wrong?’ Then she knew.

So it seemed did Guido.

Catch all the other #MidWeekTease posts here

Enjoy your reading, have a good week.
Until the next post, 
love Katy xx

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#MidWeekTease with a green van and an arsy man

#MidWeekTease with a lady who wonders what's going on...

#SexySnippets where my heroine wonders if it was worth it..