#MidWeekTease.... with a mock up and a sigh...


Hello again, welcome to #MidWeekTease...


a short one today...

(From my WIP, The Italian Count's Contrary Wife)

Guido has had the locks on the apartment changed.


'Now let’s see how this new system works. Once we are in I can change the settings and we will also use thumbprint recognition. Doubly safe.’
‘Hmm.’ Rachel wasn’t so sure. ‘Every time I try to use that on my phone it never recognises it. I end up having to key the security number in anyway.’
‘We’ll see. For now though, this is it.’ Guido dealt with the new entry system with swift efficiency, and opened the door. To sidestep over a large envelope with Rachel’s name on it.
‘Anyone know you are here, Cara? Someone who has had no need to put an address or sender on the envelope?’
Rachel shook her head. ‘I didn’t know where we were stopping, which reminds me I best text my neighbour to let her know.’
 ‘Where you are?’ Guido fingered the seal on the package as Rachel nodded. ‘Then you must. ‘He flapped the envelope in the air. ‘May I?”
 Rachel nodded. ‘Be my guest. As only you and the viperous Ms Cheung know I’m here I suspect it’s her next salvo.’
 He nodded, and ran his finger under the seal, and emptied the contents onto the dining table ‘As do I, and as it is.’ Several photos and a newspaper article fell out. The glossy photos sipped sideways and Rachel stared at one of her husband with Anita plastered next to him. She almost laughed. It was obviously posed. Guido looked unimpressed and Anita triumphant.
‘Did she win you in the raffle?’
Guido expelled his breath in a long sigh. ‘What that doesn’t show is there was a very high official of the Italian consulate as close on the other side and several hundred other guests in the picture. Amazing what you can do with photo shop eh?’
‘As you say. And this one isn’t even your body.’ The picture in question had Anita in the most miniscule bikini Rachel had ever seen, and Guido’s head attached to a beefcake body in budgie smugglers. ‘She’s not exactly bright is she? Did she really think I’d look at these and that,’ She flicked a so called newssheet, whose headlines screamed ‘tycoon ditches wife for this hottie,’ with one finger. ‘It’s laughable. The date, for instance. That was one of the days you were with me?’
 ‘You know that?’
Rachel shrugged. ‘They were like angle’s visits, few and far between. I marked them in my diary.’
Guido winced. ‘Ouch.’

Catch all the other #MidWeekTease posts here

Enjoy your reading, have a good week, 
love Katy xx

Comments

  1. Great tease. Love the description of the photograph. Another new expression for me, too. Budgie smugglers LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#MidWeekTease Where new beginnings are almost about to happen

#MidWeekTease with Lottie in a mood and Bryony on the end of it...

#MidWeekTease with a green van and an arsy man